Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Progress

stelingo   March 26th, 2010 5:00p.m.

My progress chart seems to be stuck at 433 since the new changes made recently,despite having added new words. Previuosly I would practise new words in the cram mode and there would always be an increase in characters learnt at the end of the session. Now no change. What's going on?

JieWen   March 26th, 2010 6:29p.m.

Same here, my progress seems to have frozen.

March 26th, 2010 6:37p.m.

Skritter differentiates between new words and new characters. If your new words only contained already learned characters it will have no effect on your progress chart.

stelingo   March 26th, 2010 6:54p.m.

No, there were new characters added.

Byzanti   March 26th, 2010 7:14p.m.

Have you waited and reviewed them successfully 12 hours later yet? Only then will they count and learnt and update your graph.

nick   March 27th, 2010 9:18a.m.

What study mode are you two using, and on what words? I'll check that it's working.

stelingo   March 27th, 2010 12:57p.m.

I studied these words about 2 days ago on the scratch pad with track progress checked. Since then I've been practising all my words.

一起

什么时候
今晚

烤鸭

涮羊肉
怎么样
请客
酒吧
茶馆

JieWen   March 27th, 2010 1:19p.m.

all words

stelingo   March 27th, 2010 6:06p.m.

I have been practising some new words on the scratchpad. Whilst practising them with 'track progress' checked, some of the words never appear for me to practise and I keep getting the message 'You need to add more words'. I finally had to uncheck to practise them all.

stelingo   March 28th, 2010 2:38p.m.

Still no response.

nick   March 28th, 2010 3:18p.m.

Hey guys, I'm a bit behind here, but I am trying to get caught up and fix this stuff. As it's not currently working for you, stelingo, perhaps you can skip the scratchpad for now until I can resolve it?

WoodenFrogs, your progress seems to be working fine now, so maybe it was a temporarily blip where you didn't happen to gain any characters learned to more than twelve hours that day?

JieWen   March 28th, 2010 4:01p.m.

Yeah I understand what happened now: normally I use skritter every day, but because I had an exam I missed a day. Then, the next day when I got on skritter again and logged some time, my progress chart didn't improve because there were no characters introduced in the last 12 hours to review. Now that I am back to daily practice, everything is fine. Sorry to bother you with this, Nick.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!