Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Want to use Skritter but don't have a Credit Card

FeiyueKell   August 18th, 2010 12:15a.m.

Hey guys,

I'm living in China till feb '11 and I really want to use Skritter so that I can get extra hanzi practice next to my Chinese classes.
I'm from The Netherlands/Europe and hardly anybody here uses Credit Cards. Everybody here uses paypal to pay for online transactions.
Is there any possibility of getting an account without owning a credit card..? I know you have to pay one year in advance with Paypal, but I don't care about that, I just want to use this great program to study.

Help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

FeiyueKell

Mandarinboy   August 18th, 2010 12:28a.m.

You can pay with paypal at: http://www.skritter.com/account/billing/prepay#

It is actually 6 month with paypal.

sonorier   August 18th, 2010 3:58a.m.

I think his question is: can you get a paypal account without a credit card. Yes you can, if you have a bank account under the same name as your paypal account.

FeiyueKell   August 18th, 2010 4:00a.m.

Actually the question is how do I sign up for a Skritter account without a Credit Card? Am I missing something? Is it possible to make one without a Credit Card? :O Would be great :)

sonorier   August 18th, 2010 4:52a.m.

so you use paypal to pay for skritter and your bank account to put money in your paypal account.

see the link in mandarinboy's post and www.paypal.com

or google checkout but I don't know how that works

nick   August 18th, 2010 7:44a.m.

We can help you out, FeiyueKell; just hit us up on the contact form so we can get your free trial started without the card number. (It's in bottom right corner of site.)

nick   August 18th, 2010 8:10a.m.

Never mind, I see you already emailed me and I just didn't see it! Sorry about that. I've sent you the details.

FeiyueKell   August 19th, 2010 7:41a.m.

Many thanks!! Looking forward to using Skritter.

FeiyueKell   August 19th, 2010 8:22a.m.

Hey, I got the coupon code, maybe I am stupid, but I have absolutely no idea where to enter it.

nick   August 19th, 2010 8:38a.m.

Click on "alternative payment methods" and "enter coupon" on the signup page.

Feiyue Kell   August 19th, 2010 10:34a.m.

thanks!!

Christian   August 25th, 2010 3:06a.m.

Hmm, you're living in China, and you don't have a credit card yet? At least here in Shanghai, that's highly unusual! Hurry, get one, or you won't be able to get free miles, gift points, Starbucks upgrades etc. on your purchases :-).

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!