Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Additional Learning mode?

PaulHermans   March 1st, 2010 2:56a.m.

I am using skritter to learn chinese charachters and so far like it pretty well. My wife is not learning charachters but focusing on pinyin instead as she just needs to build the spoken language a bit quicker. I was wondering if there was a learning mode where it would focus on pinyin instead of charachters?

Thanks

Byzanti   March 1st, 2010 4:55a.m.

If you're not wanting characters at all, perhaps you can use something like anki ( http://ichi2.net/anki/ ) for it?

jww1066   March 1st, 2010 9:59a.m.

I use Anki with the pinyin and Mandarin toolkits for pinyin practice. It works pretty well.

James

nick   March 1st, 2010 11:24a.m.

I'm working on the active pinyin practice now, actually. But it will still be based on reading characters, so another tool will make more sense. Eventually we might do something like definition -> pinyin, but we have no immediate plans.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!