Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

this would be cool...

Bohan   September 9th, 2010 11:32p.m.

It would be super cool if there were a feature on Skritter that keeps count of the number of Chinese characters users have learnt. Of course, the feature wouldn't have to be 100% perfect

Mandarinboy   September 9th, 2010 11:44p.m.

That you already. Check out the progress page where you will have info about words / characters etc. There you will find all sorts of valuable stats about your progress. Very nice i would say.

george   September 9th, 2010 11:49p.m.

Hey Bohan, are you talking about total stats as in site-wide, or just individual learning stats? If you want individual stats, Mandarinboy's right on: the progress page is the place to go, but if you are looking for site-wide, we might be able to pull something together. Right now we generate the stat for every newsletter, but it doesn't exist elsewhere. I kinda like the idea of a counter showing how many characters/tones/etc have been studied.

Bohan   September 10th, 2010 12:16a.m.

Thanks George and Mandarinboy ! I didn't know there's a progress section ~

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!