Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Wacom tablet issue

rmpalpha   January 24th, 2011 10:47p.m.

Hi there. Very recently, I've had a strange issue with my Bamboo Pen tablet, and I'm not sure what happened.

The dot that represents the location of the pen won't move when I move the pen, but when I press onto the tablet, it uses wherever the dot was as a starting point to create an extra stroke that connects with where the mouse was when I press the pen on the tablet. I've been using Skritter for about nine months now with this tablet, and had a session this morning without any problems. I'm not sure what happened :/

Any advice that you can give me would be gratefully received!

rmpalpha   January 24th, 2011 11:36p.m.

I use Mac OS X and Firefox as my internet browser.

On further investigation, it appears that the "mouseover" functionality of my tablet has been lost. The 'sample sentence' component of Skritter doesn't work unless I click on the sentence itself, and I've noticed that, when there is a click/drag-down menu, I have to hold the pen down on the tablet to choose my options now (before, I could just hover my mouse and it would highlight whatever choice I wanted).

My guess is that this is a driver issue but I downloaded the most current version of the driver for the Bamboo Pen. I don't know what else to do as the settings are the default except for those modified according to the Skritter site.

nick   January 25th, 2011 5:10p.m.

That's weird. You definitely followed all of the instructions on the setup guide? One thing you might try is to uninstall the driver and install it again. You could also try this Bamboo with another computer to see if it's a hardware or software issue. Does it do it just on Skritter, or also on other sites and programs?

wispfrog   January 25th, 2011 5:16p.m.

Didn't someone else have such a problem recently too? Drivery sort of problem, solved by disabling the wacom plugin.

I find sometimes that when I use my tablet resting on top of a laptop keyboard on my lap, there's interference or something and it doesn't recognise the pen as a pen at all, and thinks I'm touching it. Lifting it away from the laptop briefly makes it work, and then I can put it on again so long as I keep the pen near.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!