Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

This would be really cool ( suggestion)

Bohan   September 15th, 2010 3:11p.m.

Hi Skritter Team,

I just came up with an idea that I think would be very helpful to users who reallly want to improve their reading/writing.

When we make or import lists, we study the characters together with the characters they're paired/combined with in words ( i.e. the characters in the word 圖書館 will be one-after-the-other in a Skritter study list, rather than having 圖,書, and 館 separate from one another in different parts of the list if shuffled)

My suggestion is for users to have the option of breaking up the characters in the words they're studying , for the purpose of fully mastering all of the characters. For example, for the word 假裝, if a user sees the first character, he/she might be able to use that as a mnemonic for remembering the second character (裝), but then when the user is shown 裝 on its own, he/she is unable to recognize or read it.

Please let me know if such a feature could be made possible. If I haven't made my point clear, I can explain a bit more too

Foo Choo Choon   September 15th, 2010 3:43p.m.

你說的不就是這個嗎:http://www.skritter.com/account/settings-language "Also Add Characters When Adding Words"

也許我也沒有完全明白你的意思

Bohan   September 15th, 2010 3:48p.m.

穆兒你好,
你的那個鏈接我沒辦法上進去。

Bohan   September 15th, 2010 5:20p.m.

okay, now I changed my settings to "Also Add Characters When Adding Words", but nothing changed when I made a new list and studied it

nick   September 15th, 2010 8:21p.m.

It will start to show you the component characters that you miss more often than their containing words, but if you are just studying/missing a character in one two-character word, then you'll continue to see the word first most of the time.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!