Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Edit published lists?

雅各   April 1st, 2010 2:11p.m.

I assume the reason for this is that it is just too hard but I just thought I would check. I am working through a very long menu from the local breakfast place. It will take me a few weeks of short bursts to put the whole menu together.

In the mean time I would like to share it with friends so that they can start studying it with me. However there is a warning saying when I publish it this happens:

"Publish so that others may use it too! Published lists cannot be changed or taken back once published..."

I guess this means I will have to publish each section of the menu individually? (And perhaps make one whole collection with individual sections in 3 or 4 weeks)

ie for now I have done the drinks section, there are still sandwitches, hamburgers, and a bunch of other sections to go

(It is going to take quite some time because some of the words are not in CC-CEDICT so I have to ask the native speakers for a translation, and then add the words to skritter)

nick   April 1st, 2010 3:21p.m.

You have the right of it. Scott's going to be rebuilding the list editor to be universally better and less confusing, and one of the things we're aiming to do is make it so that published lists can be edited in some ways. You probably won't be able to delete sections or add sections in between other sections, but you'd be able to edit the words in a section or add new ones at the end. But we haven't gotten there yet.

pts   April 1st, 2010 4:28p.m.

Can we share our *unpublished* list by just passing its URL to your friends?

pts   April 1st, 2010 4:31p.m.

Sorry, it's 'our' friends.

nick   April 1st, 2010 5:51p.m.

Not at the moment, sorry. We haven't set our system up to be able to handle lists which have sections deleted from them when a user is studying that section, so it's currently restricted to personal use. Bogus, I agree! Need to wait until we fix up those systems with the new list editor before we can lift that.

雅各   April 1st, 2010 11:12p.m.

Thats what I suspected (:

There are obviously so many cool things that need to be done, some more important than others.

I am beginning to think a issue + voting system might be very handy. The neat thing about that is that way we can at least feel like we get a say in what is important to each of us individually (:

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!