Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

HSK lists

百发没中   February 14th, 2010 8:37a.m.

Just a quick question about the HSK lists 1-4. Which HSK levels exactly do they each correspond to?
Is it as simple as:

HSK1 list is basic (scores 1-3)
HSK2 is elemtary (3-5)
HSK3 list is intermediate (6-8)
HSK4 is advanced (9-11)

David

Foo Choo Choon   February 14th, 2010 8:58a.m.

I suppose it refers to the new structure, but that's just my hypothesis, no 证据.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyu_Shuiping_Kaoshi#Current_Structure

1: Elementary
2: Elementary with Honours
3: Intermediate
4: Intermediate with Honours
5: Advanced
6: Advanced with Honours

Hobbes828   February 14th, 2010 9:31p.m.

the lists are really old (but still fairly useful).. in the old HSK test (as opposed to revised), my understanding is the following structure:

Basic: Mostly from list 1 and some from list 2
Intermediate: lists 1,2 and 3
Advanced: takes from all 4 lists

Obviously it is a big jump from basic to intermediate because that test covers levels 4-8....

which makes me feel like my chances on the intermediate, when i'm 1/3rd of the way through the HSK 2 lists as of now.... not good :)

百发没中   February 15th, 2010 2:35a.m.

Thanks for the input.

Hobbes828, I know what you mean. I recently thought about getting myself an HSK diploma and thought that intermediate would be achievable if I put my back into it....but same as you, I'm only halfway through the HSK2 list.
没办法。。。继续学习。。加油

Hobbes828   February 15th, 2010 8:08a.m.

yeah i'm trying to really work on stuff during my week holiday for Chinese New Year... get ahead on my character schedule so that I can hopefully hit 2000 by the end of March... I think that would be getting close character-wise for intermediate, word-wise I am still a bit behind but if I don't add from other sources I can do about a section of HSK 2 a day, largely because half or so of the words are already studied for me, and most of the others I have heard/read before...

But yeah, there is the whole grammar/listening/etc things that area actually tested as well, and I think I'll be lucky to get a 5 if I take it this spring, which is probably my last chance for a while! :(

Foo Choo Choon   February 15th, 2010 8:39a.m.

My advice is not to restrict your learning input to one "channel", writing.
For instance, while you're writing characters on Skritter you could also listen to Chinese radio. I like to listen to 上海故事广播, most of their stories can be understood even by elementary learners.

节目单 http://radio.bbtv.cn/radio/EPG-graphic.shtml
故事广播 http://radio.bbtv.cn/radio/live/2009-07-07/649.shtml

ximeng   March 6th, 2010 6:52a.m.

Thanks for the tip on the radio stations! Not sure about understanding even by elementary learners, 故事广播 seems a bit tricky to me.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!