Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

gmail vocab

Nathan Cain   August 31st, 2010 8:24p.m.

Would someone please be so kind as to make a custom list of most of the vocabulary from gmail? I would like to be able to use gmail in chinese. Vocab like 已加星标 should be included.

Any takers?

mcfarljw   August 31st, 2010 9:09p.m.

Can't you just change the language to Chinese and then copy and paste words into a custom list on your own? Shouldn't be too complicated, perhaps just a little time consuming.

jww1066   August 31st, 2010 11:22p.m.

Yeah, God helps those who help themselves... ;)

Nathan Cain   September 1st, 2010 7:45a.m.

With gmail I haven't been able to copy and paste some of the text.

Also, I don't know the definitions to some of the words. They aren't in the skritter dictionary or nciku. That is why I need help.

jww1066   September 1st, 2010 9:55a.m.

Oh, that's different. Maybe you could post the list of troublesome words here and we'll take a stab at it.

Is 已加星标 "remove star"?

James

jww1066   September 1st, 2010 10:31a.m.

With Chrome you can right-click and do "Inspect Element" and then go spelunking in the HTML. Here's some preliminary stuff I was able to grab.

On the left:

邮件 = Mail
通讯录 = Address Book (Contacts)
工作表 = Tasks
撰写邮件 = Compose Mail
已加星标 = Starred Mail
已发邮件 = Sent Mail
草稿 = Drafts
所有邮件 = All Mail
其他 10 个标签 = 10 More Labels
邀请朋友 = Invite a Friend

On top:

存档 = Archive
这是垃圾邮件 = Report Spam
删除 = Delete
标记为已读
移至收件箱 = Move to Inbox
标签 = Labels
更多操作 = More Actions
第 1 - 100 封,共 28048 封 = Messages 1-100 of 28048 total messages
下一页 = Next Page
最后一页 = Last Page

When viewing a message:

收件箱 = Inbox
回复 = Reply
回复所有人 = Reply to All
转发 = Forward

Maybe others can add to this...

James

Neil   September 1st, 2010 11:17a.m.

标记为已读 mark as read

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!