Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

How Many Active Lists Are Actually Drawn From?

faceleg   February 8th, 2010 5:46a.m.

I've checked a great many lists as active.

When I check my Account Settings > Active Vocab Lists however, only a small selection of my chosen lists are shown.

Does this mean that only X lists are drawn from at any one time? Or that only X lists are shown on this page?

hkboy   February 8th, 2010 6:52a.m.

you don't know??? Maybe try a search.

faceleg   February 8th, 2010 6:54a.m.

You do it for me and paste the link here ;)

hkboy   February 8th, 2010 9:01a.m.

You are a genius. I'm sorry I wasted your time. I'm just walking around with my knuckles barely hanging up from the ground.

You are the MAN!

faceleg   February 8th, 2010 9:01a.m.

This is hilarious.

nick   February 8th, 2010 9:06a.m.

It looks like it only adds from 10 enabled lists at a time. It could do more, but it'd be a bit slower.

In any RTS like WarCraft, it always makes sense to focus your fire on one enemy unit at a time rather than have all your guys shoot at whoever, because the quicker you can dispatch one enemy, the fewer are left to deal damage to you. Confucius said, "The princely man approaches his target with only one vocab list, for if he has two vocab lists, he will not do his best with the first."

scott   February 8th, 2010 9:17a.m.

Heh, only 10 are drawn from at a time (plus the queue). So the ones you see are the ones being added from.

faceleg   February 8th, 2010 12:00p.m.

My micro has always been terrible

Foo Choo Choon   February 8th, 2010 4:08p.m.

@nick, 'Confucius said, "The princely man approaches his target with only one vocab list, for if he has two vocab lists, he will not do his best with the first."'

Insightful! That's the first quotation to be used instead of those useless film quotations at the bottom of the page.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!