Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

remove words

JanVanderdam   April 23rd, 2010 10:41a.m.

I am having difficulty in removing words from my study that are in the scratchpad or in lists I have added. I keep erasing the words in the scratchpad window but they always come back. I even nuked my account and the words are still sitting there on the scratchpad waiting for me! Also, I am confused about how to remove lists I added to my study but don't want to study anymore. I tried using the remove from study but it appeared that after I selected some words and clicked the button, that they came back again too. Maybe removing words is not a popular function? Or maybe I just don't understand the correct procedure. Can anybody help?

scott   April 23rd, 2010 11:45a.m.

The scratchpad just stores what words you studied last, so you don't have to worry that they show up again in the box. Hmm, not sure what to do about that, maybe instead of filling the box with what you studied before, there's a button that lets you study what you studied last, giving you a sample of your last studies. Would that be clearer?

Are you studying Japanese or Chinese? In Chinese you have a couple things, which are deletable from the viewer (click next to do so).

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/viewer

But in Japanese you have absolutely nothing to study, so it looks like you managed to get rid of everything there.

When you say you used the 'remove from study', which page were you on? In what way did they come back? Did they still appear when you went to practice everything? You have absolutely no items created from lists, so it appears nuking/removing lists was effective.

Once the queue is added to the practice nav as a deletable list, you'll be able to remove everything you're studying from the practice nav, by deleting each and every list. As of now the only way to remove words added from the queue is with the viewer, or individually while practicing.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!