Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Is this the future?

icecream   October 22nd, 2010 4:35p.m.
west316   October 22nd, 2010 5:21p.m.

Yah, that is Chinese. Forgive me while I groan at the underlying political message and the absurdity of the result of it, but, yes, it is Chinese.

Foo Choo Choon   October 22nd, 2010 5:50p.m.

This video is 荒谬透顶,I wonder if there's really a significant proportion of Americans who share this mindset

For all those of you who miss the subtitles and don't mind my mistakes in writing down the characters:

为什么强大的国家都会走下灭亡呢?- 古希腊,罗马帝国,不列颠帝国,美国。

因为他们都犯同样的错误:原来舍得他们成功的原则,背道而驰。美国政府企图一庞大的开资和税收,来摆脱严重的经济衰退。巨额的所谓刺激开资,庞大的医疗改革,政府接管私有企业,债务累累。当然,我们是他们的大债主,哈哈,现在他们都得给我们干活,哈哈。

pts   October 22nd, 2010 7:22p.m.

穆兒, thank you for posting the subtitles. It’s very good, with only a few minor typos.

为什么强大的国家都会走下(向)灭亡呢?- 古希腊,罗马帝国,不列颠帝国,美国。

因为他们都犯同样的错误:原来舍(使)得他们成功的原则,背道而驰。美国政府企图一(以)庞大的开资(支)和税收,来摆脱严重的经济衰退。巨额的所谓刺激开资(支),庞大的医疗改革,政府接管私有企业,债务累累。当然,我们是他们的大债主,哈哈,现在他们都得给我们干活,哈哈。

“原来使得他们成功的原则,背道而驰。” is not a complete sentence. May be, he should say “他们与原来使得他们成功的原则背道而驰。”

Neil   October 22nd, 2010 8:17p.m.

I originally found that video here http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2010/10/22/fear-mongering-101-anti-china-campaign-ads/

As soon as I get a close up of that guys face, to me he looks like an ABC and not a recent immigrant. I wonder if it's the excesses of western living, actually changes your face.

Here in Australia there is a general acceptance of all things American, and in some situations a fear of China which is probably right along the lines of that ad, but has never been said in that way. We have suspicion and are more likely to block a big Chinese investment, but if the Americans are here we don't blink an eye.

Things change, keep up or make ads like this.

Bohan   October 22nd, 2010 8:38p.m.

@icecream what makes you think it's not Chinese?

icecream   October 22nd, 2010 10:13p.m.

I tried translating the total thing but couldn't figure out the dialect or what part of China he was from. I knew it was Chinese since I caught a few words like 美国.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!