Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

What is your favourite..

joschua011   February 24th, 2010 5:50p.m.

..skritter-homepage-bottom-of-the-page-sentence?
like e.g. "The bible has been translated into Klingon."
or "Where in the world IS Carmen Sandiego? I always wanted to know..."
or "Let's go laze stuff."
and much more intressting: where do they come from?

nick   February 24th, 2010 9:21p.m.

You can hover over most of them to see where they come from..

Here are some of my favorites:
i luv this song its grate i rememebr whn i first hurd it when i was six a ran around the rfrontromm lol
-- evoguy1620, commenting on Run-D.M.C.'s "It's Like That" on YouTube

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.
-- Ed Gardner

To barrel roll, press Z or R twice!
-- Peppy Hare, Star Fox 64

Loud Mamma - her voice is loud and when she laughs, babies start screaming.
-- Katamari Damacy

Ammonia can surely make the the poor piglet stink like Windex-drinking hobo.
-- milkshake

Oh, how awful. Did he at least die painlessly? ... To shreds, you say. Well, how is his wife holding up? ... To shreds, you say.
-- Futurama, Professor Farnsworth

Which of the following would you most prefer? A: a puppy, B: a pretty flower from your sweety, or C: a large properly formatted data file?
-- Futurama

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
-- Futurama, Zap Brannigan

What do you know of fire? You prance around like you have laser eyes. You don't!
-- ATHF, Oglethorpe

Despite his great scientific and artistic achievement, Leonardo da Vinci was most proud of his ability to bend iron with his bare hands.

The Kentucky Fried Chicken slogan "Finger-lickin' good" came out as "Eat your fingers off" in Chinese.

Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido, once pinned a sumo wrestler using only one finger.

To burn always with this hard, gem-like flame, to maintain this ecstasy, is success in life.
-- Walter Pater

Girls, girls, girls! You're both human beings. You both put your bras on one leg at a time.
-- Clone High, Abe

muir   February 26th, 2010 1:04a.m.

I second "Oh, how awful. Did he at least die painlessly? ... To shreds, you say. Well, how is his wife holding up? ... To shreds, you say. ". Gets me every time.

ZachH   February 26th, 2010 12:59p.m.

Are the quotes from a list created by you guys?

nick   February 26th, 2010 2:28p.m.

Yeah. For a while at the beginning there, we'd just add stuff. Mostly George. We haven't added new stuff in a while, though.

mutoidman   April 13th, 2010 12:55a.m.

The Futurama ones are the greetest. Sometimes I browse the quotes instead of studying, for no raisin.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!