Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

xubuntu

Aaron Dolman   March 16th, 2010 11:07a.m.

hi guys

i'm using a super old laptop while back in the uk for the birth of my child to try and keep skritter up and have a few questions

i have just put xubuntu on it as windows 2000 didnt have chinese characters and i dont have the 2k cd to update it.

it seems that skritter loads fine etc. but when it comes to doing anything in the box where you write the characters and tones etc, my mouse doesn't want to do anything, it just disappears and i can't do anything.

does anyone have any ideas? any help would be appreciated.

葛修远   March 16th, 2010 11:26a.m.

Which flash do you have installed? There are a few options for flash on ubuntu and a lot of them are problematic. If you can get it installed, I find that the official Shockwave Flash version works the best.

Which version of xubuntu are you using, by the way? I haven't had any problems with Flash on the latest release (9.10) so that might be worth a look if you're not on it already.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!