Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

words leraned chart

joschua011   March 31st, 2010 5:30p.m.

it would be great to have a words learned chart, and the characters learned chart.
For example:
i learned fayin (pronnunciation) and xianzai (now)
so i learnd the charactes fa and xian.
but when i learn the word faxian (discover) i made a progress which doesent appear in my character chart..
i think it would be better to monitor the learning progress with both, charts of characters AND words learned.
what do you think?

nick   March 31st, 2010 5:46p.m.

Totally agree. One of our interns is working on this. You'll be able to see characters vs. words learned for writing, tone, reading, and definition items on the progress page. He has been short on time recently, but now that it's his spring break he may make some progress. On the progress.

joschua011   March 31st, 2010 6:16p.m.

Great :)

JB   March 31st, 2010 8:18p.m.

The more important information revealed in this thread is that you have interns. I didn't realize this.

Do they make you coffee and stuff as well?

Nicki   March 31st, 2010 8:47p.m.

Can't wait for this as my character chart has been really flat lately.

jcardenio   March 31st, 2010 9:17p.m.

Count me in as excited too! My character chart has also been flat lining... simple reward as it is, it has been discouraging to see

nick   April 1st, 2010 10:02a.m.

Coffee? Actually, Scott tends to cook for them.

Our interns get to do much more exciting stuff (usually any coding projects they want), can work remotely after they get set up, and get paid now. I'd love to find some that have more time, though; Oberlin students have these pesky classes and other things that they do. It's pretty weird.

joschua011   April 6th, 2010 2:48p.m.

could you also take a feature to show the chacertes you have forgotten (today) into consideration?

would be intressting because today, i practiced all the items i had to review, so now i am... overpracticing, and also practicing new words, but the skritter tells i have forgetten some characters, something that i just can't understand.

nick   April 6th, 2010 5:41p.m.

If you had characters that were at a review interval longer than 12 hours (and thus counting as "learned"), then you missed them and it dropped below 12 hours, they are marked as forgotten. You may not be able to get them back to "learned" in the same day as you forget them. By the next, you probably will.

Characters forgotten today is probably still best viewed by the graph. It's just a one-day view of your character delta. I think per-day stats won't be as interesting as per-week stats as long as you have the graph there.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!