Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

What the heck is the graph?

Bohan   September 9th, 2010 5:53a.m.

What is that graph next to the "Everything" button ?

jww1066   September 9th, 2010 7:04a.m.

It's the number of items due versus time. It shows how many items will be due tomorrow, the next day, etc.

James

skritterjohan   September 9th, 2010 8:27a.m.

One thing about the items due is that I guess it does not calculate items due today that you still have to study and may answer incorrectly and thus will become due tomorrow. For that reason I find it less than accurate. I guess I could study today until 0 items due and then go back to see how many items I'd have tomorrow.

Byzanti   September 9th, 2010 8:38a.m.

It is nonetheless absolutely thoroughly useful in gauging amount of work and the effect of studying/adding stuff...

A good fortune cookie.

west316   September 9th, 2010 9:45a.m.

It does a good job of giving you a general ballpark, but it isn't that accurate. The main impression I was given by it was when I changed my setting from a 92% retention to a 95%. The number of items in my queue quickly doubled. As a general measurement, it is very useful. Just don't nitpick it.

jww1066   September 9th, 2010 9:50a.m.

@skritterjohan Sure, it doesn't handle all the manifold possibilities involved in predicting the future. ;) It's a snapshot of what's due when right now.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!