Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

dear nick - Re HSK lists

Neil   September 15th, 2010 11:12p.m.

Hi Nick,
After days of editing I have a set of New HSK lists for all levels which should be darn close to 100% correct. Can you help me to upload these as textbooks and merge out and remove existing custom lists which have a number of errors? Shoot me an email if you like. Cheers - Neil

nick   September 16th, 2010 7:57a.m.

Yes! This is great. I will work on this today. I think it is also good to order the words in them by toughness rather than alpha, yes?

Neil   September 16th, 2010 8:23a.m.

I'll send you the master list, whats your email address?

Order either way is fine, one hurdle you have with toughness is that there will always be a number of words in level X which are deemed easier than some words in level X-1. If we put lists up which are incremental and not cumulative this avoids this effect being seen.

nick   September 16th, 2010 8:45a.m.
nick   September 16th, 2010 1:50p.m.

They're done! Thanks so much Neil, Mark Painter, Murray James, west316, and others who helped with these lists. They're looking really good. I have done incremental lists ordered by toughness within each level.

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/tags?tag=hsk

balsa   September 16th, 2010 5:50p.m.

That's great, thanks to those who worked on it.

Just wondering, but is the content really that much different between the old and the new HSK? Is there's a big percentage of vocab change?

west316   September 16th, 2010 6:09p.m.

The new HSK list only has 5k words. The old one has 8882.

Neil   September 16th, 2010 8:27p.m.

cheers nick, i can see that you added definitions for the more difficult words and chengyu's, thanks!

Neil   September 17th, 2010 4:18a.m.

Hi Nick, the following 2 are missing from Level 6:
纪要, 覆盖

Skritter entries:
纪要 [紀-] jìyào: summary of a meeting; minutes
"复"盖 [覆蓋] fùgài: to cover (first char should be 覆)

nick   September 17th, 2010 8:45a.m.

Oh, right! Got them in. Actually, it did have our maimed 覆蓋, but it was missing 抽空. Soon we will be able to fix 覆蓋.

Murray James actually added in the missing definitions. Skritter thought they were in Chinese and I moved them over.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!