Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

重复性压迫损伤 - not valid pinyin

葛修远   November 30th, 2010 4:57p.m.

I'm trying to add '重复性压迫损伤' to the dictionary, with pinyin as 'chong2fu4xing4​ ya1po4​ sun3shang1', but the page keeps saying that this is not valid pinyin. What am I doing wrong?

MasterOfComboBoxes   November 30th, 2010 10:05p.m.

I typed a space by accident at the beginning once leading to this exact error.

I don't know this vocabulary but according to MDBG it should rather be chong2fu4 xing4 ya1po4 sun3shang1, as those seem to be the words.

I suppose that chongfuxingxapo is not a single word and as words are usually not that long the Skritter parsing algorithm detects that, thus the error.

BR,
Alex

nick   December 1st, 2010 9:38a.m.

For some reason, you have two zero-width space (Unicode 200B) characters in that pinyin. I do not know how that happened, but that is what was messing it up. I have created the word now.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!