Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Suggestion: Changes to Squigs

ubiquityman   December 7th, 2012 1:14p.m.

I've turned on Raw Squigs which is a great feature. Without it, it's hard to tell how good (or bad) my handwriting is.
When I finish writing the Chinese character, Skritter turns my handwriting into a bunch of thin dots and then overlays the "nice" typeset character. I would prefer that when Squig is on, it doesn't alter my handwriting after the character is completed. The reason I leave Squig on is to see my own handwriting and decide how I need to adjust it. i.e. I think it would be more useful to see how close I am to the actual character.

Is it possible to change the way Squigs operate or have an option to not remove the original Squigs?

nick   December 7th, 2012 2:23p.m.

We strive to not add extra options to the software, because the more configuration there is, the harder is it for users to understand and for us to maintain. In this case, we would only make the change if most users wanted it this way, instead of the way it is.

I haven't heard any other feedback about wanting fully raw squigs instead of a dotted overlay, but if that's something people would prefer, then we can get a discussion going on this thread.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!