Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

setting up wifi in China

Bohan   December 23rd, 2012 10:21a.m.

hey guys,

anyone out there know an easy way to go about setting up wifi in China? Is there a famous company I can go to? I live on campus at a university, but no one on campus knows anything

mcfarljw   December 23rd, 2012 6:41p.m.

Setting up wifi is about the same as setting up WiFi in any other country. You'll need to buy a wireless router. I recommend the Chinese brand TP-LINK for a cost effective solution. It'll run you between 80-150RMB. 80 for a single antennae and 150RMB for two.

The next part is a bit more technical. You'll then need to plug the current internet cable you're using into the wireless router and configure it.

There aren't really any "WiFi providers" in China. The company that handles your internet connection will usually help you set that up for you if you ask.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!