Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Simultaneously adding simpl. + trad. via queue

Foo Choo Choon   November 16th, 2010 5:59p.m.

Not a grave problem, but it seems to me that some code could be optimized in this respect:

When I add words/characters via the queue and study all the items that are ready, often only one variant [either simplified _or_ (not _and_) tradititional] is added in the first session, even if I wait long enough to be theoretically able to work off both types.

The really conspicuous issue arises when I get back to Skritter the next time: Although I may have, for instance, 200 items ready for review, the new words/characters of the _other_ variant (e.g. simpl. if trad. was revise during the first session) wait for me to be answered before I have started to revise the items that are to be reviewed, i.e. "New word" prior to the ">100% items").

Short question: Bug or feature?

nick   November 19th, 2010 6:17p.m.

Adding from the queue doesn't work nearly as well, which is why we're planning to rework it to have more of a list-like implementation. So if it's just happening on the queue, then a bug that we'll hopefully fix by casting its house into a chasm.

I'm not sure that this issue is just with the queue, though--do you notice it if you add words from a list?

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!