Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Stroke accuracy

susannekaiser   November 26th, 2010 10:38a.m.

I hope someone can help me. I am sure if I seen the solution to this question already somewhere... but I can't find it any more.

When writing Kanjis incorrectly sometimes the stroke I am making is being moved around by Skritter into the right place. Which is nice if it was just off a bit, but if I was actually writing something completely different (i.e. something wrong) then skritter really gives away the solution or at least a part of it.

Is there are way to set the settings in a way to be more strict. I.e. to not recognize strokes as correctly if they were quite far off?

Thanks!

Byzanti   November 26th, 2010 10:42a.m.

You can enable raw squids mode if you like? Only once the characters done will it snap in place.

Byzanti   November 26th, 2010 10:43a.m.

Err. Raw squigs.

Not squids. Hmm....

susannekaiser   November 26th, 2010 10:44a.m.

Thanks. Works perfectly. Specially nice with the squid ink ;-)

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   November 26th, 2010 12:27p.m.

lol raw squids 笑

nickybr38   November 26th, 2010 1:45p.m.

How do you enable raw squigs? I can't find that option anywhere. :\ Haha. I'm so hopeless. They shouldn't even let me on computers! ROFL

nick   November 26th, 2010 1:52p.m.

While you're practicing, click the Settings gear in the upper right. The raw squigs option is in the lower right of that menu.

nickybr38   November 26th, 2010 3:20p.m.

AWESOME! Haha. Thank you. :D I love this option... it never occured to me to click buttons... whoops.

jww1066   November 26th, 2010 4:50p.m.

Raw squid would be some kind of sushi, no?

pts   November 26th, 2010 6:25p.m.

旨いよ!生いかお刺身は。

jww1066   November 26th, 2010 7:39p.m.

@pts Barkatu, ez dut ulertzen japoniarra denik.

pts   November 27th, 2010 7:06a.m.

旨いよ!生いかお刺身は。- It's delicious! the raw squid sashimi...

Barkatu, ez dut ulertzen japoniarra denik. – Sorry, I don’t know what the Japanese means.

pts   November 27th, 2010 1:05p.m.

When thinking in English, “raw squid” does not occur to me as something especially tasty. But when thinking in Japanese, all those memories with the “生いか” comes back, and suddenly, it’s something delicious. That statement about the squid sashimi is only true when written in Japanese but not in any other languages and so actually can’t be translated.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!