Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

pogress viewer blank

learninglife   November 6th, 2012 9:53a.m.

hi. i havent been able to view my prgress in the progress viewer (in firefox in beijing).

wonder what the problem is.
writing on the study page is no prblem. its just that i cant get the graphs to show up on the progress viewer page.

would be good if it could be fixed anytime soon.

templerschaf   November 6th, 2012 12:48p.m.

Try Ctrl+Shift+R to force a refresh on all resources.

Roland   November 6th, 2012 7:07p.m.

I have the same currently in Shanghai. Furthermore, the Forum page loads awfully slow. I assume, after the 十八大, it will go back to normal.
If I use the same pages, however, via VPN, it loads without problem and very fast.

bennyboyk   November 7th, 2012 2:23a.m.

Same problem. Tianjin. Google Chrome

learninglife   November 7th, 2012 5:29a.m.

today it works just fine. i dont use any vpn.
thanks for the fix!

thedrunkingpig   November 7th, 2012 5:50a.m.

mines still isnt working (zhengzhou)

scott   November 8th, 2012 7:30p.m.

I think perhaps China is blocking the javascript for those graphs which is hosted on Google. Try on beta to see if my change works:

http://beta.skritter.com/progress

You might have to do the hard refresh for this to work as well.

scott   November 13th, 2012 12:39p.m.

Depends on the browser. That's the Windows command, on Mac it's Command-Shift-R, or Ctrl-F5.

Malaili is still having trouble viewing the progress graphs. Is anyone else?

Malaili, does this happen to you for every browser or just Firefox?

Laspimon   November 14th, 2012 2:42a.m.

Beijing here. Cannot see graphs until I turn on my VPN. Let's just wait out the political circus. We'll probably be on google again in a few weeks.

scott   November 14th, 2012 2:02p.m.

@Laspimon: did you try beta.skritter.cn? I moved the crucial code which was hosted on google to our site so it *should* work now. Ideally we make everything work whatever the circumstances.

Laspimon   November 15th, 2012 4:32a.m.

The progress viewer page does not even load (or does so extremely slowly), I will try and check again at some other time, and see if it loads, when next I don't need my VPN.

Laspimon   November 17th, 2012 3:29a.m.

I can see beta.skritter.cn/progress without any problems now.
skritter.cn/progress also seems to work seamlessly.
I suppose you went on and fixed it all?

scott   November 20th, 2012 5:37p.m.

Haven't changed anything since November 8th. Some people are still seeing this issue though... I think we'll just have to set up a backup progress graph system that doesn't rely on being able to connect to Google.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!