Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

2 issues regarding the app

Bohan   November 4th, 2012 4:55a.m.

First issue:

When skrittering in the non-dark theme, it can be really tough to see the words "simp" and "trad" at the top of the screen. I know that the "simp" shows up on the left and "trad" on the right, but sometimes I don't see anything at all and it's not very convenient. Please make those two words a bit darker for the next update.

Second issue:

It would be nice if there could be a place for word mnemonics on the app. I would actually rather have this than character mnmenonics.

Bohan   November 4th, 2012 5:08a.m.

one more thing about the first issue I wrote about above:

I just noticed that it seems to only be tough to see when it's showing "simp" on the left side. When it shows "trad" on the right side, it's clear as crystal, but "simp" is hardly visible

nick   November 4th, 2012 2:35p.m.

Will see what I can do.

No word mnemonics for writing/tone prompts in the app; sorry. Hardly anyone uses them.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!