Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Brush style

truando   December 3rd, 2012 1:53p.m.

First, I'd like to mention out how much I like Skritter. I subscribed 5 days ago and I am really blown away by your app.

Now. The brush style font looks great, but I probably never will write with a brush. It would be great if a pen style font could be used instead for handwriting. That way one could practice good form while writing the characters.

Is that possible?

nick   December 3rd, 2012 2:53p.m.

Glad you're digging Skritter. Unfortunately, it's not feasible to add a pen style for handwriting--each stroke has to be placed into each character one-by-one to create the characters we support (over 10,000), and we can't afford to do that again with a different stroke style.

Have you tried the raw squigs mode? That lets you write with more of a pen style until the character is complete, although you're still comparing against a brushed character afterward.

truando   December 3rd, 2012 3:53p.m.

Thanks for your reply, nick. Oh yeah, raw squigs is cool, didn't see that. Thanks!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!