Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

server error

ulyart   March 6th, 2010 3:42p.m.

This has been happening repeatedly since yesterday:

While practicing I get the "server error (we're on it)" message. After this message appears, I can practice about three more words, and then the service stalls.

Forcing my browser to reload the page allows me to take up practice again... at least until the next "server error" message.

My question is, by repeatedly forcing page reloading, might I be unknowingly messing up my spaced repetition schedule?

Should I wait instead for the the problem to be resolved before taking up practice again?

By the way, congratulations for a wonderful service!

muir   March 7th, 2010 7:06p.m.

I'm seeing this error too. I tried emptying cache, but no luck.

scott   March 8th, 2010 2:16p.m.

Whoops, a bug I uploaded on Friday and only just uploaded a fix for a few hours ago.

I've found 5 users this bug affected. I've added a week to their subscriptions for the delayed fix:

ulyart
cameldrinkscola
lauj
muir
levitooker

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!