Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Practice Tone Checked but...

Chris D.   March 26th, 2010 12:27a.m.

If I click Practice then click on Study next to the book I'm studying (Remembering the Hanzi 1) I am presented with the normal character pad however after drawing the character I am not given a chance to select the tone I think it is. This only happens when I follow this path to the character pad. I don't have this problem studying from my own custom lists for example.

nick   March 26th, 2010 10:22a.m.

The tone probably wasn't due for that character, so it wasn't prompted. We don't ask the tone every time if you know the tone better than the character, and vice versa. Could that explain it?

Chris D.   March 26th, 2010 4:53p.m.

I guess so; I suppose the problem lied in my what my expectations were when checking off that 'Tone' box. In general, I wish that there was some way to put Skritter into 'manual' mode for those times I wish to exercise greater control (this would extend to character scheduling, etc.).

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!