Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter.cn timezone

mpdaugherty   March 30th, 2010 11:47a.m.

I know this probably isn't a high priority, but would it be possible to change the time at which Skritter.cn moves from one day to the next? Even better would be to have Skritter use the user's timezone setting for the day change.

The problem for me is that some days I can practice Skritter in the morning, and some days I can't get to it until the evening. If an evening day follows a morning day, my stats show up as having missed a day since the Skritter day change happens in China at 4 or 5pm. Even though I technically did take more than 24 hours in between study sessions, it still feels like I've studied once per day to me...

nick   March 30th, 2010 1:19p.m.

It uses your timezone, specified in your account settings:
http://www.skritter.com/account/settings-general
And the day ticks over at 4am. You must not have set your timezone when you signed up; it was part of the welcome process.

mpdaugherty   March 30th, 2010 10:33p.m.

Ah, thanks! I actually signed up a long time ago when I lived in the US and totally forgot about it.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!