Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Pinyin practice errors?

Zach   April 8th, 2010 6:10p.m.

I noticed (after a fresh nuke) that I stopped getting pinyin practice fairly quickly, despite being wrong pretty frequently. On the "vocab" tab, all P entries are marked to be 6 or 7 days out and ~75% learned, even ones I knew I got wrong.

I got to a point where I was just hitting "show" which turned the box red, and then clicking "next", but could there be some internal error going on that is marking them correct?

nick   April 8th, 2010 10:06p.m.

Hey, I see that mistake! It doesn't look like it's new, either (I could be wrong). If you just hit the show button, it looks like it's marking it wrong, but it forgets to mark it! Oops.

I'm out of time for tonight, but I'll try to have a fix early tomorrow. Thanks for the great debugging on this one.

nick   April 10th, 2010 8:55a.m.

Forgot to mention, but I did get this one yesterday.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!