Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

no way to shuffle words ?

Bohan   April 23rd, 2010 6:53p.m.

I remember a while back when I used the trial version of Skritter, I could shuffle the words. I liked that because then your mind can't cheat.

I also really miss practicing a word list on Skritter, and being able to look to see how many words are left before I've gone through the entire list. There's no way to do this now. Even if we remember to look for the first word to show up again, we still don't know how far along we are in a list if we're somewhere in the middle of it. Before, what I would do is, if I was using Skritter and I suddenly had to get up do something, I would check to see if I'm almost done with the list, and if so I would finish the list and feel "complete". But now, there's no way for me to that

Doug (松俊江)   April 26th, 2010 4:06a.m.

Hi Bohan,

The review function does have some randomness built-in but it's mostly a function of how long since you last studied a word and how well you have been able to recall that word.

For progress against a list, when you are studying everything and have a list you are adding from you can hit the lists tab at the top of the screen and it will show you your progress through the section of the list you are working on.

- Doug

:(   April 27th, 2010 1:41p.m.

so there isn't any way to take a brand new list and shuffle the words right after making the list? Or after studying through the list once or twice, and then shuffle them to make sure we're not cheating by memorizing the order they come in?

There used to be a wonderful "shuffle" button, what happened to it? :(

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!