Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

cram the queue?

jww1066   April 30th, 2010 11:04a.m.

I have another minor request, which might be subsumed in Scott's forthcoming queue changes. Would it be possible to add a "cram" button to the queue page? I have a bad habit of adding lots of things to my queue and it would be good to be able to focus on plowing through those items once in a while to keep the numbers down.

As it is what I do is go to the queue page, select the first 10 items (or whatever), copy and paste into the scratchpad, remove everything but the hanzi, then use the scratchpad to study those items. This lets me quickly remove items from the queue.

The alternative is to pause all my lists and click "add" repeatedly. Either way, it's a little tedious.

James

scott   April 30th, 2010 1:54p.m.

With the way the scratchpad works, it automatically strips out everything that's not a Chinese or Japanese character. So go ahead and just paste the whole table in there, it will be faster.

But yes, once the new queue is implemented, you'll be able to study the queue exclusively just like any other list. And you'll be able to delete all items that are in your queue as well, like any other list. All in all it will become more list like!

jww1066   April 30th, 2010 3:03p.m.

Awesome, thanks!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!