Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

logging into Skritter makes new forum messages disappear

ulyart   May 3rd, 2010 8:17a.m.

This is kind of strange.

When I check the forum while logged out of Skritter, I see newer messages (for example, it's currently ""shortcut" stroke guides"" created 2 hours ago)

Once I log into Skritter, these newer messages disappear. The top message is now "is there a faster way to make lists for scratchpad?" created 38 hours).

Reloading the page doesn't help. The only way to see the newer messages is to log out of Skritter.

Is this happening to anyone else? Could this have something to do with the timezone of my account, since I am in Europe?

(I am using Safari on a Mac, if this is relevant.)

ulyart   May 3rd, 2010 8:53a.m.

hmm... I think I may have figured it out...

the forum default for general viewers is to show the most recently updated posts.

when I logged in, my account default had the forum showed me the most recently _created_ posts, so this different list made me think that some messages had disappeared.

Having understood this, I now wonder, is there a way for me to delete my forum posts?

scott   May 3rd, 2010 9:56a.m.

Hmm, looks like the order setting is being saved for non logged in users. It should default to 'Created' ordering for non logged in and new users, and then saves their ordering preference.

Will fix that!

And nope, no way to delete posts. Don't worry, the forum churns through topics pretty quickly so it won't be long before it's out of the way.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!