Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Free trip to China for cultural exchange for UK citizens

ximeng   May 7th, 2010 7:41p.m.

I was sent this by a teacher:

http://china-scholarship.org/index.php/who

China government sponsored programme, perhaps some Skritterers might be interested in applying.

FatDragon   May 7th, 2010 10:49p.m.

That's pretty cool. I live in Wuhan, and I've been to 江汉大学 several times. It's pretty grubby, like most college campuses in Wuhan, but it's got its charm as well, and it's in a nice quiet part of the city, though it's rapidly developing so it won't be that way for long. It's a third-tier university and pretty laid back.

If anyone does come over via this program, try to get your hands on a bike for your time in Wuhan. Even though it'll be very hot and humid (one of the 'three furnaces' of China), that's definitely the best way to get around in Wuhan. My recommendation is to ride away from the city proper into the marsh- and farmlands and check out some of the lakes, rather than riding into town for the charmless soot-stained buildings and horrendous traffic. But it's better to be on a bike in gridlock traffic than to be on a bus...

Will Buckingham   May 9th, 2010 1:45p.m.

Third tier is about optimum, I think, FatDragon (although I'd go for fourth if I had the option). Universities are like baboons. The top ranking ones are just stressed out. The lower ranking ones are more relaxed.

Ximeng, thanks for passing on this info: if I wasn't already going to China this summer, I'd be jumping at the chance!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!