Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Time recording

Mandarinboy   August 17th, 2010 8:59p.m.

I sort of like to know how much time i spend skrittering and that works fine for most parts but one thing is not recorded and that is when you erase a character and write it again. Since i do that a lot with new characters this reduces the time spend. Not really any problem but what is the logic behind this? I still practice it, instead of waiting for it to show up again i do it several times at once before going on. I am a stupid sucker for stats so this kind of bugs me, sorry. On the other hand, i really love the feature to erase and write again. Really speeds up my learning.

nick   August 18th, 2010 7:51a.m.

It's been on my list a long time to improve the time tracking so it can tell when you're AFK or not looking at Skritter and when you're still practicing. That'll allow us to be more generous with the time spent after you finish writing things the first time. But it's never been a high enough priority to do, unfortunately!

So yeah, right now it stops counting when you finish one so that it doesn't just keep counting all the time, and because I personally like undercounting better than overcounting.

Byzanti   August 18th, 2010 8:17a.m.

" and because I personally like undercounting better than overcounting."

Definitely.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!