Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Known character or known transliteration

Mandarinboy   November 18th, 2010 7:12a.m.

Haven't thought about this before but why is it that some characters are counted double? I recently nuked my account and started over to add words. A couple of hundred characters later I then added 乐 lè as in happy. Fine. I today then added 乐 yuè as in music. To my surprise the counter did add 1 for this character. Is this the same for all the characters with multiply pinyin? Can't recall to have seen that before. There are literally thousands of them. I could agree that it is a different word but it is not a new character. Am I totally wrong here?

nick   November 18th, 2010 8:48a.m.

It might have been talking about seeing the definition or reading or some other part for 乐? There's no separate items for the two pronunciations, so you add/study 乐 as both lè and yuè together.

Mandarinboy   November 18th, 2010 4:14p.m.

No, it where actually counting up on the known character part. But, since there where delays yesterday it might be that it actually counted up for some previous character. I where running through a bunch of chars rather fast so maybe it just where slow with showing other characters counting.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!