Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Have the option to always show char info

DaXia   February 9th, 2011 2:52p.m.

In the "settings interface", you can choose whether you want to have pinyin shown or not, but is there any way to make it always have character details shown? The way it is now, you can click the little box under the line that splits word details and character details, but the point is that you have to click it every time you want it shown.
I know some ppl like it this way, but if you ask me, you can never have too many customization options. Why not make it an option to always have it shown? Everything that is an improvement is something thats always worth doing.
I know that this might not be on top of your list, but it might be something worth adding later on.

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   February 9th, 2011 3:01p.m.

i agree about not being able to ever have too many customization options.. imho that's why apple is what they are(trying to keep an "apple feel" and limit any options) more options = more power. a lot of programs that do limit options have a "basic mode", with the basic options, and then an "advanced mode" with all the options available for the power user

jww1066   February 9th, 2011 3:12p.m.

If you read the forum for a while and dig into lots of older threads you will see that this is exactly the opposite of the Skritter Way. The developers generally try to avoid adding extra options because a) they are usually used by only a small minority and b) they vastly increase the number of combinations you have to support. Which is not to say I haven't ever asked for options myself; I have, but I understand that they are generally only added when they have a compelling rationale, not just when a couple of users can benefit from them.

James

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!