Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

TV shows that you enjoy

jll90   January 4th, 2013 10:32p.m.

I would like you to share some of the TV shows that you are currently or have enjoyed watching. I think watching TV is a great way of learning vocabulary, and since a great amount of TV shows can be found on youtube, it is important to capitalize on this free opportunity.
Don't forget that almost any TV show comes with Chinese subtitles, so you can also practice your reading.

Here are some of the TV shows I've enjoyed:

北京爱情故事
Pretty good story set in modern Beijing.

痞子英雄
A story about two detectives that takes place in 高雄,台湾. Pretty good in my opinion.

步步惊心
Palace drama based on a novel that tells a story of a woman who traveled back in time to the Qing Dynasty.

爱情公寓
Comedy show. I think it's hilarious.
They have over three seasons. They speak really fast though.

非诚勿扰
Dating Show. It's good to study vocab since participants of different backgrounds must introduce themselves!

加油!

马洲屹   January 5th, 2013 2:11a.m.

Thanks Jll90 - ill check these out.

俞翰森   January 5th, 2013 2:30a.m.

Thanks, I will check them out for sure. My wife's TV dramas I truly hate. Endless crying but the vocabulary they use are easy to get at least. 痞子英雄 I have seen on PPT and that i too like.

Rilestone   January 5th, 2013 9:38a.m.

I'm a big fan of 爱情公寓 (iPartment), although they talk really fast I find it a good measure of how quickly your Chinese is coming along, and most of the time they don't use slang (as far as I'm aware). Fans of Friends or How I Met Your Mother will probably like it, even though you'll see parts of their episodes copied in the show.

痞子英雄 sounds interesting, will be checking the others out too! Thanks

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!