Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Removed lists came back

mwcayard   April 29th, 2010 11:07a.m.

I removed all lists except Heisig a few weeks ago. Today I am getting words from the lists I removed. Some of them are Heisig characters, but not ones I have added yet (I'm only halfway through the book). Worked ok for about 2 weeks until today. The lists don't show on my practice navigation page but the words are coming up on the practice page.

scott   April 29th, 2010 11:24a.m.

When you removed the lists, did you choose to remove the words from those lists also? When you choose to remove a list, it gives you that option. It looks like you may have chosen to keep the items?

In that case, to remove the words, you have to go to the lists that still have their words being studied, click the "More Actions" dropdown, and choose "Remove Words From Study". I tested it and was able to remove the list "50 Most Popular Surnames" for you already.

mwcayard   April 29th, 2010 5:43p.m.

I see. I checked them all and removed the words. I think this happened because I paused the lists without removing the words under the old system (before the vocab nav page). Once the vocab nav page came online, you no longer saw those "paused" lists so I forgot about them when I decided to remove everything but Heisig.

Now I'm finding that I'm getting characters I put in my queue. Is there a way to view all words added to your queue and remove them from study? I can do it in the viewer but that's a lot of paging through words to find the ones from the queue.

scott   April 30th, 2010 11:59a.m.

That's upcoming. My next project is redoing the list editing system, and then after that comes redoing the queue so that, on the backend, it works the same way as a list in many ways, so you'll be able to study your queue exclusively or remove all words from it, just like you can with a list now. For now though, no there's no way to easily remove all the words in your queue.

One thing that might help though is while you're practicing, you can remove a word that comes up from study by clicking the magnifying glass and deleting the word from there.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!