Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Note on character notes...

雅各   April 29th, 2010 6:30p.m.

One thing that would be neat is when there are variant stroke orders to be able to easily read about the variant, ie is it japanese vs chinese or taiwanese vs mainland, older generation vs new etc...

nick   April 29th, 2010 9:33p.m.

For variant characters, that would be easy. I'm not sure I see the appeal of adding stroke order variant notes to all those characters--perhaps better would be an expanded explanation on our stroke order page of different styles:
http://www.skritter.com/stroke-order

雅各   April 30th, 2010 2:05a.m.

Mmmmm, every time skritter lets me do two different stroke orders I want to know which one I should be learning (:

west316   April 30th, 2010 3:29a.m.

@xkfowboa

Hate to say this, but I was studying for over a year before I bothered to fix my stroke order. Even then it was only because Skritter made it convenient to fix. If the result you write out is correct, I wouldn't worry to much.

I also know a guy who always uses the Japanese stroke order even when writing in a Chinese class. His stroke order is often closer to correct Chinese stroke order than some of his teachers'.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!