Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Words marked as so-so or correct with one character wrong.

SpokeLee   February 8th, 2011 8:11a.m.

I was wondering if it is okay to leave a word as so-so if I I get one character in a three character word wrong. Because in my eyes, if I get one of the characters wrong, I don't know the word. Or in a four character word if I get one wrong but the other three right will that average out to marking it as correct? Or if I get so so on one character in a three or four character word it averages out to be correct.

I think it is also important to note that I leave off add characters for words. And from what I understand the individual characters will come up more often for characters in words you mark wrong. If I am not adding the individual characters that I don't benefit from this right? I want to leave it off until I finish my textbook.

Basically I want to know if it would hurt me if I were just to leave the default judgment on whether I know a word to skritter. It's becoming a real pain to keep going over and changing the grade by clicking that dot every time. Or is there a way to change how it grades a whole word?

nick   February 8th, 2011 8:28a.m.

I've got it on my list to make sure to mark the whole long word is wrong in the case where you aren't studying the individual character you missed, instead of leaving the word as so-so. I'll bump that up in priority and see if I can't get to it sooner.

This also came up in this thread:
http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=45300251

SpokeLee   February 8th, 2011 8:56a.m.

Awesome! You guys really are the best.

nick   February 8th, 2011 12:45p.m.

It's done. On words with more than three characters, if you don't have the individual character you missed available to study, then it'll just mark the whole word wrong instead of so-so.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!