Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

export vocab list

Pentesilea   November 19th, 2012 12:38a.m.

Hey,

when I want to import the .csv file into my excel it doesn't show the chinese characters. I am using a mac but this should not matter.
Is there a chance that I can use still the old function to export words ? I often just exported some of the words not the whole list. Or is there another way to manage this ?

Laspimon   November 19th, 2012 9:19a.m.

It's been a long time since I fiddled around with this in excel. In the end I ended up completely switching to OpenOffice (now LibreOffice, if you're going to make the jump), since its import function is much more manual and so allows you to decide the encoding of your import. This may have gotten better with subsequent releases, but back then I never got it to work in excel, as far as I remember.

Anyway, you want to import the .csv-file with a UTF-8 decoder. Then the characters should show up.

I don't understand your second question, sorry.

youngt2   November 19th, 2012 10:09p.m.

you can try importing the list to a google document ( docs.google.com ) then downloading that as .xls file. Google will automatically make it the right format as you need.

scott   November 20th, 2012 5:41p.m.

Someone else has been having issues with this. I'll set up a way to download it into a browser text area to copy and paste from like before. I thought having it available as a file would be more convenient for people but I guess not as much!

You can also open the file in textedit. That should get you the raw data like before.

Pentesilea   November 22nd, 2012 2:18a.m.

Thanks for all your help. The solution with textedit works fine.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!