Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

iPad crashing

夏普本   December 28th, 2012 3:26p.m.

Just after I said my ipad had never crashed, I have had skritter crash on me at least 5 times in the last two days. Is anyone else having a problem? (Ipad 3) (not the latest version)

giovannilalle   December 28th, 2012 4:26p.m.

I have iPad2 and since today it's having a strange behaviour, it hangs after some characters, doesn't go automatically to the next character and so on. Till a couple of days ago everything was fine.

nick   December 28th, 2012 4:34p.m.

bjnsharp, can you email the crash logs to nick@skritter.com and scott@skritter.com?

To find the crash logs, sync your device with your machine, and then the crash report files should be on your system in a folder, depending on your OS:

OS X
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice//

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\\

Windows Vista or 7
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\\

giovannilalle, it sounds like it's taking a while for the app to find the next character or word to study. Are there many words due? Does force-quitting the app and restarting it help?

giovannilalle   December 28th, 2012 5:18p.m.

I tried to kill the process and start again, but after a while the problem appears again. At first it doesn't go to the next character automatically (I have to press the right arrow) and after some characters, it stops and doesn't go on even if I press the arrow. So I have to go to the main menu and press Study again.

nick   December 29th, 2012 10:42a.m.

If it doesn't go on to the next word when you press the arrow, that means it's still trying to load the next word. Going back to the home screen is just introducing a delay, giving it time to load--you could just sit on the study screen pressing next until it works.

I wonder if it's doing this because there are a lot of incompletely downloaded, unstudiable words that it has to skip past? If so, then doing a Clear Local Data (in the Settings - Account) might clear it up.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!