Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Sixth stroke of 懂

雅各   May 31st, 2010 9:38a.m.

Is it just me or is the sixth stroke of 懂 hard to get recognised. It needs to bend down to the left to be recognised.. I know it probably looks better like that but it is slightly annoying (:

dert   May 31st, 2010 11:49a.m.

I would say a little hard, but if I recall well, it happens on a few different ones with the 3-stroke grass in them. It may arise from the font originally used as a model for Skritter characters.

Bosmon   May 31st, 2010 4:37p.m.

Yes, I just put in a report to George about 节 which has the same problem. He fixed it with "I replaced the stroke your are talking about on this one, which definitely looks better, and should also recognize a little easier. Let me know if it's still weirding you out. It should be a grass radical!"
- so perhaps we should collect all these grass radical chars together and test them out.

nick   June 1st, 2010 9:40a.m.

I will be working on these when I do my next round of recognizer tuning. Should be able to fix that one pretty well.

雅各   June 1st, 2010 10:17a.m.

Thanks Nick, keep up the good work! Skritter is still by far the best way to learn chinese (:

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!