Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Two topics unrelated

jcdoss   August 9th, 2010 3:39p.m.

...to each other, but both relevant to Skritter.

First, as an avid fan of the Progress page, I'd like to point out that the little pop-up window for the right-most "time spent" bar is hidden behind an invisible window again. It was like this when you first put up the new design, then it went away, now it's back. I can't see the numbers for how long I actually spent on the current day.

Second, about vocabulary lists... I've been perusing the free audio files at ChinesePod and have been adding the Skritter vocab lessons one at a time. I envision a day soon where I have umpteen bajillion ChinesePod lists in my list of lists. What happens if I click the "X" on the right of an item in the list of lists? Assuming I've gone through the list (ie, no more new items), will I get to keep studying stuff from the list?

Thanks!

Byzanti   August 9th, 2010 3:55p.m.

When you click the X button you get a choice. If you hit 'stop adding' it'll make the list name vanish...

jcdoss   August 9th, 2010 7:13p.m.

So if I click "Stop Adding," then everything in the queue will continue to show up on schedule, right?

Just trying to be uber-anally-retentively-sure I'm not going to lose stuff.

Byzanti   August 9th, 2010 8:01p.m.

If we're being uber-anally-retentive, then my answer is that stuff being added from the queue has nothing to do with lists, so of course... But otherwise, nope - you wont lose anything which you've already seen in practice, such things will continue to appear.

nick   August 10th, 2010 8:37a.m.

Funny you should mention. We're actually in a big debate about whether the encouraged action is to remove all words from a list when you "X" it to stop adding from it, or to just stop adding and keep reviewing. George thinks it's too confusing to have the extra "reviewing-but-not-adding" state. I think that with many UI tweaks, it won't be confusing, and that it would be a big power loss to not keep reviewing lists from which you don't want to continue adding. We battle!

I see a fix for the time spent tooltip and will upload that later today.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!