Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

wiki for learning chinese

wb   August 24th, 2010 9:52a.m.

Hey guys...

The Skritter gods are very busy, so I just set up a simple wiki for learning chinese.
http://ch.wibr.de
Have look at it, though there is not much to see yet. I edited the page about pronunciation as a suggestion what it could look like. For now everyone can just edit everything, so feel free!
My English may be crude or wrong, corrections are welcome.
I know that there are several clever people hanging around here who have been learning Chinese much longer than I have, so I would appreciate it if you could share your wisdom for the benefit of everyone ;-)

icecream   August 24th, 2010 10:14p.m.

I don’t understand the goal, or purpose, of the wiki. I don’t see anything special inside; all I see are a couple of links to other websites.

Your English is fine.

wb   August 25th, 2010 2:10a.m.

yeah it still has some way to go...just in case anyone would want to help...

葛修远   August 26th, 2010 2:32p.m.

I think it's a good idea; I hope it takes off. Might it be worth getting a better domain though? mandarin-wiki.net or something would be quite cool and more memorable.

nick   August 26th, 2010 2:44p.m.

chinese-forums.com has a ridiculously awesome amount of information that could populate a wiki in its hallowed forum threads, if one had the gumption (and permission) to organize it better.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!