Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

radicals

SGRuixue   August 28th, 2010 8:36p.m.

This isn't exactly a skritter question, but I don't know who else would know how to do this. Does anyone know if Microsoft IME can just type radicals? I want to make a list for my students of the radicals in their full character form AND how they appear in characters, but don't know how.

jww1066   August 28th, 2010 10:56p.m.

I often have trouble finding them using Microsoft IME myself. They're more easily copied and pasted, I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kangxi_radicals

James

Mandarinboy   August 29th, 2010 10:39p.m.

There is a much easier way. Use the Windows IME pad. Just click on the arrow down key on the IME and click the IME pad. Now you will have a new icon available. Click on that and click in the upper left corners icon to choose applets menu. Choose setting and add radical(CH) for Chinese or radical(JA) for Japanese. Now you can choose characters based on the radical , or the radical it self or based on the radical and the remaining number of strokes or using handwriting etc. Works great with skritter.

jww1066   August 29th, 2010 10:43p.m.

@mandarinboy nice, that's very helpful!

SGRuixue   August 30th, 2010 8:47p.m.

@mandarinboy that was just what I was looking for! Thank you

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!