Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Word deletion

glacchia   September 18th, 2010 11:57p.m.

Hi all!

When I first used Skritter, more than 1 year ago, I remember there was a function to delete a character or a word during the practice.

Now this function seems to be disappeared: yesterday I needed to delete a couple of characters and I went to Vocabulary > Vocabulary Viewer and looked manually for the two character I wanted to delete.

Isn't there an easier way?

Thank you,
Gilberto

Italy

Mandarinboy   September 19th, 2010 12:11a.m.

When you are studying and the word pops up, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the study screen. There you can mark the word/character as not to be studied.

glacchia   September 19th, 2010 5:08a.m.

Thank you very much! I was looking for a "Delete" button and disregarded the + - buttons.

Best,

Gilberto

nick   September 19th, 2010 8:36a.m.

We're thinking about designing a more simple "Delete" button back into that word popup; potentially even hiding the perhaps-confusing parts table by default.

FatDragon   September 19th, 2010 11:07a.m.

Count me as a vote for a simple delete button. I can understand why some people would like to have the option to delete each individual part, but I haven't found it useful personally, it's just been a hindrance as I have to click three times (no reading) to delete a character, instead of one.

Incidentally, I believe in the past a deleted word still had its SRS info saved, and would return with SRS memory if re-added. Is that still the case? Not that it matters to me, but the visual feedback upon deleting makes one think that the SRS data is wiped. If it remains like I think it used to be, I would suggest leaving the "learned rate" bars there while simply changing the appearance of the add/delete button, to indicate that its SRS data is still there, but the word is no longer being studied.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!