Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Sound setting not saved

taylor04   February 7th, 2010 4:00p.m.

I'm probably one of the few Skritterers out there who turns the sound off. The sound settings used to be saved but now every time I log in I have to mute them. Not that it's such a big deal, but it's nice not to have to worry about it.

jww1066   February 7th, 2010 10:09p.m.

I also often mute the sound and it would be nice if the sound settings (muted, or set to whatever volume) were remembered from session to session.

James

hkboy   February 8th, 2010 12:35a.m.

I also turn off the sound but my setting is saved everytime I return.

百发没中   February 8th, 2010 1:45a.m.

Same problem here. I have it on and off depending on the situation (for instance whether or not my wife is talking to her parents with skype right next to me) but the volume is always set as on and always a little loud (I can't remember why I once turnde the volume up that much....but no matter how many times I turn it down or off, that's always where it is when I start skritter).

nick   February 8th, 2010 9:13a.m.

I'll see about migrating everyone over to the new continuous volume setting and fixing this bug soon.

scott   February 8th, 2010 9:15a.m.

Aha, it's not saving when you click the mute button, but it is saving if you move the slider to a different place on the bar (like the far left). I just added the line of code to make muting the sound stick. Thanks for the bug report!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!