Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Master Japanese ebook

nick   December 26th, 2012 3:06p.m.

I just read through some of John Fotheringham's Master Japanese ebook, of which the sixth edition was just released, and it's got some a lot of good advice in there, well-packaged. If you want some inspiration for your Japanese learning, it'll be worth a buy:

http://japanesemastery.com/

(Not that I'm learning Japanese, but I read the general language-learning parts, which is about 1/3 of it.)

阿福   December 27th, 2012 3:30a.m.

I only read through the blurb but was intrigued by the "up to 30% off Skritter" offer. How does that work?

俞翰森   December 27th, 2012 3:46a.m.

Thanks for that. I bought it since it looked very interesting and it surely is. Fun and captivating. Most of the tips do work equally well on Chinese as well. Note, if you like to buy it, sign up for his free newsletter and you do get a promo code worth 25% for the e-book.

俞翰森   December 27th, 2012 6:13a.m.

@阿福 In the book it says that you can buy a 6 month subscription for 9.99 a month with a promo code. I think however that that is what it cost already for a 6 month subscription (59,99 US$) if you do it from the app.

Citation from the e-bbok:

The coupon code XXXXXXXXX gives you a
monthly membership of $9.99, instead of $14.99
for the first six months. Note that this discount
can only be used when signing up via the website
(not from within the app), and is valid through
January 1, 2014.

nick   December 27th, 2012 1:09p.m.

It's a promotional offer for new accounts, essentially giving new users a taste of the monthly rate that old users are grandfathered into. Won't apply to the existing accounts.

阿福   December 27th, 2012 6:51p.m.

Thanks both. Now I'll have to read and make up my mind (and that's hard). Drat.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!