Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Why no Paypal?

Bigbrainblue   April 5th, 2010 11:21p.m.

My brother gives raving reviews of Skritter and I'd love to sign up but I'd like the option of Paypal. The funny thing is that when he signed into his account he had that option of Paypal and Google Checkout. All I see are credit cards. What's up?

April 6th, 2010 2:14a.m.

Hi Bigbrainblue,

welcome at Skritter; Paypal payment options can be now found under the "prepay" in your account overview:

http://www.skritter.com/account/billing/prepay

Bigbrainblue   April 6th, 2010 3:56a.m.

Unfortunately, I don't have an account. I need a credit card to sign up for one! Am I missing something? Thanks!

Byzanti   April 6th, 2010 6:30a.m.

Hm. I suppose you can always input credit details to satisfy the new account screen, then just buy through paypal instead?

Guess they should offer it from the one off.

I'm sure Nick will wake up in a while from his peculiar time zone and rush in with a solution :p

nick   April 6th, 2010 7:49a.m.

Bigbrainblue, because we can't currently do recurring payments with Paypal or Google Checkout, we haven't set up a way to use those to do the initial signup. Once you sign up with a credit card, you can use one. We may be changing it so that you don't need one to try it, but for now email me (nick at skritter) to set something up.

Bigbrainblue   April 6th, 2010 10:19a.m.

Sure thing. I'm looking to purchase maybe half year or a year right off the bat so if you could set that up, I'd be delighted. I'll email you in the morning.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!